WGR announces 2019-2020 leadership team
Monday, April 29, 2019
Posted by: WGR
This year we had an amazing group of women who put themselves forward to run for the WGR Board of Directors. It was exciting to see the passion and interest in board service and the competitive field of candidates. Thank you to all of the women who ran for elected office!
On behalf of the Women in Government Relations Board of Directors and Elections Committee, I am pleased to announce the 2019-2020 Board of Directors.
Directors were elected by the membership of WGR and will serve a two-year terms beginning July 1st.
New Directors: 2019-2021
- Ashton Barry, Quorum
- Emily Duncan, National Grid
- Apiyo Oloya, Department of Justice
- Cicely Tomlinson, Mutual of Omaha
- Liz Westbrook, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney
- President, Suzanne Swink, BP America, Inc.
- President-elect, Kate Shenk, National Biodiesel Board
- Treasurer, Jacki Ball, National PTA
- Secretary, Christine Murphy, National League for Nursing
- Immediate Past President, Katie Schubert, Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Returning Directors: 2019-2020
- Chatrane Birbal, Society for Human Resource Management
- Kathleen Coulombe, American Council of Life Insurers
- Ashleigh de la Torre, Amazon
- Carla Lochiatto, ASIS International
- Tamra Spielvogel, National Association of Home Builders
In addition, we would like to express gratitude for those board members whose terms of service will conclude on June 30:
- Bree Raum, American Gas Association
- Amanda Karhuse, National Association of Secondary School Principals
- Charla Penn, WSW
- Mallika Vastare, National Association of Home Builders
Finally, I’d like to thank our elections committee for their service.
- Taylor Lemmons
- Anne Esposito
- Carla Lochiatto
- Chartrane Birbal
- Ashleigh De La Torre
Please join me in congratulating our new Directors and expressing gratitude to those women who have served our organization admirably and all those who chose to run this year!
Immediate Past President
Elections Committee Chair